Friday, February 1, 2008

mega strawberry


Overall count: 8 (this time they were red with white polka dots)

Chaco tan: 1 foot

Salsa dances on the malecon: 1 (for Brandy)

Dominating domino games: 4


Aside from domino tournaments, classes and Cuban food have dominated this week for me.


My stomach is still getting used to a beans, rice and ice cream diet, but I did attempt pizza last night (sidenote... not pizza night worthy).


Classes should be interesting even though they are three hours long. At least we don't have class on Fridays. That is good news.


What else is good news is having a professor who believes that "chaos creates good ideas." (parallel to the revolution anyone?) Her name is Rosa...a.k.a. the one who answers with "Oh really?!" to questions starting with "I'm not sure about..."


At least having classes with 400 other people has taught me not to raise my hand unless I am completely oblivious to what is going on.


I found Morgan's boxing coach from last semester and I think I will start those lessons next week. My other mission is to find a guitar, although I think the front desk is content with my serenades of HAIRSPRAY and Shakira...but mostly HAIRSPRAY...because it has dance moves.


I'm wearing my hair big and my adventure is getting bigger.


I had an "Oh man I'm not in Chapel Hill" moment in class the other day when the windows were wide open and I could feel the breeze from outside... You just can't feel that in a lecture hall.


I've attempted to upload a video from the night of la torcha so I hope it works!


I am wearing a red dress and just heard a man mumble "grande fresa" a while back so I will take that as a signal to bounce.


todo mi amor,

la reina de fresa

sb





6 comments:

  1. I suppose the next culture barrier to cross will be to introduce to Cuba.....Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

    Sorry about the food episode. There will be a special pizza night upon your return.

    Viva la reina de fresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are not launching into High School Musical with choreography. I saw that Disney has launched High School Musical music videos in probably 20 different languages... but I like Dad's idea for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. You are the ambassador for cheesy musicals! You go, la reina de fresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now there is some great hair in sb for sb. the millie mullet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke's Tally
    Babies- 1 (STILL!!)
    Naps-at least 2 per day
    Llama interactions-1
    I got to meet 2 hilarious llamas this evening, Pip and Moochy. Pip found some azaleas (poisonous) and decided he had to eat them and of course got very sick. Reminded me of food poisoning. Anyway, I met Kendra at their clinic to help with treatment. Moochy wanted to come along to keep Pip company and had the BEST time watching the cats move around the barn. When the cats would hide he would cush (lay down) and start chewing his cud. He is my new buddy. Pip ended up doing much better and should be back amongst his other llama friends talking about his big llama adventure.
    I have a feeling Cuba will be talking of the wonderful la reina de fresa for years to come and all the fun she brought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh fresa,
    I completely agree that there should be some 7b47b in cuba. You should do the "gay ax dance" thats always entertaining. I have a question tho... can you really not think of some dance moves to go along with shakira? I think you can! :) MWA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sarah! So glad that LIFE IS GOOD for you!!! LYMI!
    SNV

    ReplyDelete