Tuesday, May 6, 2008

lessons i learned from camping





1. Hershey train car switch in Hershey, Cuba. Founded 1912 for the Hershey factory
2. ON THE TRAIN
3. HERSHEY TRAIN




Lessons I learned from camping this weekend:

1. "Sleeping like a rock" means you sleep really well.

sleeping ON a rock means you wake up with pain.

2. Cooking pasta in saltwater will make you really thirsty. Make sure you have lots of (drinkable) water on hand.

3. Just because it's hot during the day, doesn't mean you shouldn't pack your long johns.

The days are dwindling but I'm happy I got to FINALLY go camping. I wouldn't think it was a great experience unless I got to nap/sleep two nights on rocks.

I would say napping on the rock was much easier than napping on the Hershey Train...which is my new favorite means of transportation.

As opposed to the P11 gau-gau, the Hershey train is old, rickety & AWESOME. The scenery was BEAUTIFUL...and we were able to enjoy it to its fullest because we had to switch carts twice and wait 5 hours for a new cart.

oh, cuba.

you can imagine my shock when the train was actually punctual on Sunday and we actually got home in less than three hours.

oh man.

dear time,
please slow down.
K? get back to me on that.
-Sara

1. Krisitin and I from Dillon's birthday. I tried to kiss her on the cheek and my hair got stuck in her armpit.
2. Quanic. is. pretty.
3. circus tent and mini tent
4. pretty
5. Quanic is still pretty.
6. holding onto lizzie because the train is rickety!





2 comments:

  1. SARA!!

    I love your pictures, and I have enjoyed reading a little about your Cuban adventures. I ran into your father today as I was getting in line to vote and he told me I should visit your blog. It looks like you're having a great time, and I'm so glad that you are! I miss and love you!

    -Sarah M.

    ReplyDelete